Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Feeling A Little Un-Yeezy

Can we just take a moment to look at and ponder over Kanye West's new music video for Only One? 

I'm not a huge fan of him or the song, but I like trying to stay somewhat in the loop for current celeb events and doings, so I just took some time today to watch it. 
I'd like to repeat, I don't know a whole hell of a lot about music or the industry, so this is purely a viewer's opinion. 
The music video is so...un-Yeezy. I love it because the concept is great....simple tribute to his beautiful little girl (and his mother, just not in the video part). They look so cute walking around together, holding hands, typical father-baby daughter things. The video actually changed my view of him slightly because it looks at him as a loving, kind father, instead of the way he has been portrayed through the media, the Taylor Swift incident (because I love her so very much), and even in his own songs. The way he was looking at his baby girl was the look of a truly proud, caring father. 


However, the way it was done...I could have shot it better with my iPhone. And what's with the creepy auto-tuned laugh at the beginning? I feel like it's incredibly irrelevant to the song, video, everything.  Lyrically, the song is beautiful, but the whole video is also super auto-tuned, like T Pain auto-tuned. He has a great voice and there is no need for that much auto-tuning. I can barely understand him throughout most of the video because of this. Then, towards the end, he's singing in the video as his voice-over is singing it too and it just sounds like a bit of a mess. 

So overall~
Song- great
Video- great concept, poorly executed

But don't let me tell you how to think! Watch it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment