Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Holton Rower

 Okay, so I go on Facebook everyday, several times a day, like most people. Most things I see on my Facebook are from very progressive political pages that I follow. Sometimes, I'll see random posts from my friends, and sometimes, I'll see posts like this one that straight up just make me mad. 
I go to an art school, so I'm very sensitive to the arts. Art is a huge part of everyone's lives, and usually they don't even realize how prevalent it is. 

One of my Facebook friends, who is actually trying to be somewhat famous of whom I refuse to name because I will not give him publicity, made a comment about a video. This guy is trying to be a music artist, so I find it incredibly ignorant for him to make this comment. 





The video is here

It's an incredibly mesmerizing video that I actually love to watch over and over again.  David Kaufman made this video about artist Holton Rower who specializes in this kind of art. He's an incredible artist and his works are truly beautiful. People need to be more open minded and accepting of other's work, talent and skills. 
Would my Facebook "friend" like that comment about his music? No. Don't make rude comments about other people's art. To be fair: the video on Facebook was only from about :35 seconds to 1:40, so he may have not realized it's actual art still. This comment just made me angry because just because Rower's art doesn't make sense to him, doesn't mean it won't make sense to anyone else. 
End rant.

Do you think I'm too harsh on this guy? Or do you agree with what he's saying?







No comments:

Post a Comment