Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cocoa & Coffee Mask

So I live on Long Island currently, and where I live has hard water. This means that it makes your skin abnormally dry. I usually have pretty dry skin, so when I moved here for the summer, it got even worse. 

I work as a TV/movie extra, so I can't have dry skin because it will look horrible on camera. Not only do I lotion my face about a thousand times a day (tip: an easy way to know how much you should lotion your face-- lotion your face every time you get hungry) I've been using different kinds of DIY face masks. 

I have a shoot tomorrow, so I did this one tonight for about a half an hour, rinsed my face and then lotioned it. My skin feels great! I'm excited because my face will be nice and moisturized for tomorrow's shoot.  







I found this one online when I looked for masks for dry skin. It's suppose to use coffee grounds, but instead I used the Frank original body scrub which has amazing ingredients that help targets a number of skin conditions! I like it because it helps reduce the look of cellulite, eczema and stretch marks all of which I personally have.  

Mix: 

2 tbs coffee grounds
2 tbs cocoa powder
3tbs milk
1 tbs honey

It makes quite a bit so I've been able to use it a couple times, and I love it! My face is so smooth now, I can't even believe it. 

I'm always skeptical about beauty practices until I do them for myself to see how they work, and this one I definitely recommend!


_________________________________________________________________________________


This is where I got the recipe for the mask, all rights reserved to original author. 
I only made the recipe better 😏











No comments:

Post a Comment