Friday, August 14, 2015

Waist Trainers: Use it or Lose it?



I recently got a waist trainer. I've seen them all over Instagram, and I'm sure you have too. Everyone seems to use them, including the notorious Kardashian clan. This is where they initially gained traction from. But are their claims legit, or just another bogus celebrity endorsement? 

I'm taking the time to help you figure this out before you spend your hard earned money on one. 

First, here's my before picture:





I've read that results come anywhere from overnight (which, let's be real, doesn't sound entirely realistic) to about a month. I'm assuming it's going to take closer to a month because you're basically reforming your body which can take a while.  
I got mine about a week ago and have been wearing it ever since. The optimal wearing time for the trainer is about 4-8 hours a day. I've personally been choosing to wear it around 7-8 hours, if I can. 

After wearing it for about a week, I do notice some slight changes, but nothing too major. When I start to notice more and more of a difference, I will update you with pictures.  So far, so good. The first time I put it on, I could barely make it to the widest clips, but I've been about to take it in to the smallest clips recently.

Unfortunately, since I didn't get a brand name one, the quality of the trainer has been lessened. This specific one has been ripping and some of the steel bars pop out, but it's an easy fix I can deal with for now. 




_________________________________________________________________________________

Fair warning: I did not use a name brand waist trainer, I simply got a cute one (see picture) off eBay to test it out and see if it was worth spending the money on the real deal. It contains steel bones/bars just like the ones celebrities use.  


No comments:

Post a Comment