Sunday, December 28, 2014

Crimes and Cities






Okay, so for Christmas, I got these matte lipsticks and I'm actually pretty satisfied with how they've been turning out. 
I've been following Doe Deere and Lime Crime on Instagram for so long, but have never gotten anything from there because I'm a fabulous broke girl. I've seen and heard very good reviews about Lime Crime's makeup, so I'm glad I can finally experience it myself. I got the Red Velvet Velvetine Lip Gloss and it is absolutely awesome. I put it on this morning and have only had to retouch it once. It goes on wet and then dries so it's matte! It literally reminds me of smooth velvet.
The NYX colors are great. I was expecting a consistency similar to the Lime Crime one, but it was more of a paste. It's hard to get out of the tube, but the color goes on nice and stays for a while. I'd keep this one in your purse for occasional touch ups. The colors shown here are Monte Carlo, the red one and Addis Ababa, the pink one. They are gorgeous colors! Not as opaque as i would like, but definitely not translucent..kind of in between. 

Overall, I would definitely highly recommend both brands and colors!


Lime Crime Red Velvet Velvetine Lip Gloss- $20
NYX Monte Carlo & Addis Ababa- $6.00 each.

~xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment